- Webinar: Monday 11 September 2023 (10.00 am – 12.30 pm, CEST)
- Workshop in Brussels: Thursday 12 October 2023 (2.00 pm – 5.00 pm, CEST) (during the European Week of Regions and Cities)
Two interrelated events will be organised to focus on territorial water management, in particular the risks of flooding, drought and water shortages both in terms of prevention and crisis management strategies.
The Belgian regions propose to exchange views with other European partners on:
– governance mechanisms
– adapting existing spatial and urban planning instruments, implementing new tools, and identifying innovative strategies
- Webinar on 11 September: Several speakers will provide feedback on case studies in Belgium and other European countries. A structured debate, based on a series of questions, open to all participants will follow.
- Workshop on 12 October: Based on initial findings of the 11 September webinar, participants will be divided in two working groups to discuss governance mechanisms on the one hand, and spatial and urban development tools on the other, with the aim to identify good practices and recommendations.
More information is available here: Belgian pilot action_Background note.
The agenda and details on how to register will be sent out in late August.