The ESPON week from 29 November to 2 December 2021 is organised in cooperation with the Slovenian Presidency of the EU Council in the framework of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme. Due to new COVID restrictions all events are only taking place online. The week addresses European, regional, and local policymakers, as well as researchers, practitioners, and experts.
One of the highlights of the week will be an introduction to the new ESPON 2030 Cooperation Programme and the official launch of the consultation process to define thematic priorities for future research activities by ESPON. Discussion will be focused on the following areas:
- Perspective for all people and places
- Climate-neutral territories
- Governance of new geographies
- Resilient places to crises
The second key moment of the week is the ESPON Seminar, which aims at discussing “Quality of Life for territorial and citizen-centric policies’ ‘ bringing together the latest research on the topic and policy challenges. The ESPON seminar gives insights from the latest ESPON studies that provide a newly developed methodology to assess QoL through a place-based and citizen-centric approach.
During the week ESPON will also release:
- 29 November: a new release of TerritoriALL, the ESPON magazine, investigating the priorities of the Slovenian Presidency, latest ESPON research and an outlook on the future ESPON 2030 Cooperation Programme
- 30 November: A new policy brief summarizing ESPON research on “Quality of Life for territorial and citizen-centric policies”
- 1 December: A new Atlas featuring multiple indicators to depict the quality of life in Slovenia and in neighbouring regions
- 1-2 December: and a series of online workshops to get to know more and discuss the latest ESPON research
Online registration is available here.